The Ultimate Guide for Offshore Software Development Companies
What is an offshore software company and to which countries is it best to outsource?
Software development offshoring has been on the increase since the 1990s. Software outsourcing is a strategy used by companies to outsource all or part of their software or IT development to an offshore company.
Companies have started to realize that outsourcing their software development can offer many benefits, including lower costs, increased team efficiency, and reduced time to market. This is because there are many talented developers available in countries with cheap labor.
The best countries to outsource software development are India, Philippines, China, and Eastern European countries. Think for example of Ukraine, Poland and Belarus.
All of the governments in these countries have invested significantly in their booming tech scenes and the results are clear: the biggest names in tech all currently have offshore offices in these countries. So why not you ?
How do you choose the right offshore software development company for you?
Choose the right one offshore software development company for you is not as easy as it sounds. The company must have a well-rounded team of experts who can work together to achieve the desired result.
The first thing you need to do is find out if the company has a history and reputation in IT services and software development. If they do, then you
rest assured that your project will be taken care of by experts who know what they are doing.
To make the process easier, below are a few factors to consider when selecting an offshore software development company:
- How many years has the company been in existence?
- Is their office location strategically based?
- What types of clients does this business typically work with?
- Do they have the right expertise for your project? What is their experience with similar projects?
- What is their pricing model or how do they charge?
- Do they offer social responsibility and sustainability practices?
- When looking for an offshore software development partner, all of these can be important points to consider. Don’t hesitate to ask the right questions when interviewing candidates. It is about the success of your business after all!
How do I choose the best method of communication with my developers?
Communication plays a key role in the success of any business. You cannot be successful if you cannot communicate. The same goes for developers and engineers. Without communication, they won’t be able to understand what you want and create the kind of end product you need. Choosing the best method of communication is not always easy and it depends on many factors.
It’s important to remember that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to communication, each developer has different preferences. Let us give you some tips on how you can choose the best method of communication for your team to keep everything going!
Tips for communicating with your offshore development team:
– Use a combination of synchronous and asynchronous communication (live chats / feeds can be combined with less instant channels like emails and sprints with progress charts)
– Set up good feedback loops (give everyone space to assess how well systems, processes and tools are working for them, and be open to their ideas for improvement)
– Make it fun and engaging (bring games and icebreakers into your meetings, host the occasional virtual event)
If you implement these simple principles in your communication with your new offshore team, you will surely reap the benefits for years to come!
What is the average price of an hourly rate for an attractive developer?
A developer’s hourly rate is usually determined by their skills and where they work.
Average developer hourly rates can range from $ 25 to $ 150 per hour. It all depends on the skills, experience and location of the developer.
In the SHORE teams, we have done a lot of the necessary research for you. We can say with confidence that through our partners you will find some of the best rates currently available. Developer prices will be the industry average regardless of the location where the chosen development partner is based. In Asia, it will be $ 25- $ 40 per hour to $ 35-65 in Central and Eastern Europe.
No matter how popular the programming language is or computer engineering skills, we’ve found that there is always talent to be found at a reasonable price. And at SHORE teams we are ready to help you find them.
Caroline is in the process of completing her computer science degree at the University of Southern California, but would like to work as a freelance blogger. She enjoys writing about the latest information on IoT, technology and business. She has innovative ideas and shares her experience with her readers.