Special scientific employment, research, software engineering and Internet technologies with the UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
SPECIAL SCIENTIST (RESEARCH) POSITION
Title: Special Scientist (Research)
Number of positions:1 (full time)
Category: Contract until 05/10/2023
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) research laboratory (https://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/seit/) from the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, announces 1 (one) full-time position of Special Scientist (Research) in Web Engineering for the SocioCast project of the Interreg VA Greece-Cyprus Cooperation Program 2014-2020, co-funded by the the European Union (ERDF) and the national funds of Greece and Cyprus under grant agreement n° 5050709.
SEIT focuses its research activities on software engineering and Internet technologies.
Applicants should be highly motivated individuals with a proven ability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary research environment and willing to actively engage in the demanding EU project activities, collaborating effectively with the SEIT team:
- Candidates must have a degree in computer science or computer engineering or a relevant scientific field.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes (Agile development, Git).
- Masters and/or PhD will be considered an advantage.
- Professional experience in software engineering.
- Existing project management experience will be considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will work on the SocioCoast project. SocioCoast aims to improve the experience of visitors to the beaches of Cyprus and Greece. It will offer a number of tools for providing additional information to visitors, managing environmental data, while using open data and data from visitors. As part of the project, applicants will undertake the following tasks among other activities (the official language of the project is the Greek language):
- Establishment of a knowledge platform containing data on the state of beaches and coastlines.
- Evaluation of the platform with end users.
- Project management activities and reporting.
- Communication and dissemination activities.
- Moderate travel is required (also depending on travel restrictions).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position is on a contractual basis until 05/10/2023. The monthly gross salary will be between €1340.30 and €2071.37 for full-time employment depending on qualifications and expertise. For part-time jobs, this amount will be adjusted accordingly. Employee contributions will be deducted from the above amount. The position does not include 13and salary bonus.
- Cover letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or English (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Copies of Bachelor’s / MSc / PhD degree transcripts.
- The names and contact details of at least two people who can provide references.
The deadline for application is 25and from April 2022.
If candidates are not available for full-time employment, hiring more than one part-time candidate will be considered.
At least the top three candidates who meet the required qualifications will be interviewed by a 3-member committee.
Candidates are informed of the outcome of their application by the competent entity.
The University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Personal Data Regulation 2016/679 (EU).
For more details and other information, those interested can contact the project coordinator: Dr Georgia Kapitsaki ([email protected]).