Work at home
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Team Leader to join a versatile and creative IT management team. As a Development Manager, you will lead a group of co-located developers and testers who constantly strive to find quality solutions that are delivered on time, within budget and scope, and foster a culture of quality and personal responsibility.
- You’ll need a solid understanding of developing large-scale e-commerce platforms, experience building RESTful web applications, and an appreciation of the technical challenges developers face.
- You will come from a background in development and have a good understanding of architectural practices. You will be an advocate of Agile engineering practices and have prior line management experience with experience in keeping highly skilled developers engaged.
- You will be an advocate of Agile engineering practices and have prior line management experience with experience in keeping highly skilled developers engaged.
- Successfully launch new products quickly and manage a large existing codebase.
- This is an exciting opportunity to lead a growing team of engineers working on an ambitious development roadmap.
- This is a hands-on role: you should expect to spend at least 50% of your time writing code or working with other members of your team directly contributing code.
- The remaining 50% of your time will be split between architectural and strategic planning with peers and senior developers and the day-to-day management and development of the people needed for a successful and successful team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Computer science degree (or equivalent experience)
- Graduate degree preferred
- Experience of technically leading a team, with a focus on a very high quality result
- Experience mentoring and developing technical teams
- Experience working within an Agile and DevOps team, and champion of this culture
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Python development experience in a test-driven environment (and/or at least one of the following – Java, C, C++)
- Good SQL and MySQL experience in a high load environment
- Significant technical experience and proven track record in architectural ownership and understanding.
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, including object-oriented design and data structures and algorithms
- Experience in developing distributed, highly transactional and available systems
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Experience and understanding of the hierarchical responsibility of a technical team
- Experience developing software for a highly transactional online retail platform
- A thorough understanding of software engineering practices and best practices, including Agile software development, source code control systems, and the use of software IDEs and development and testing tools.
- Understanding of software deployment tools, deployment processes and best practices
- Experience working with non-SQL data stores like Mongo/Redis etc.
- Experience working with AWS and/or Azure platforms
- Experience building Restful API web services
- the Web
- Front end development