Software Engineering, Analyst Position at The MIL Corporation (MIL)
Ability to obtain a secret
The MIL Company is looking for a Software engineering, analyst to support tasks involving system concept formulation, system, requirements analysis, subsystem and interface design, software and/or hardware development, test planning and execution and evaluations, installation support and field service support for Audio and Visual (A/V) and Radio Frequency (RF) Broadcast communication equipment, systems and subsystems for C4IS solutions.
- Performs full stack code design and development for multi-process/multi-threaded systems, A/V control systems, A/V touchscreen interfaces, and RF broadcast user interface ( UI).
- Generates and updates system control, touch screen and user interface code as required during development and commissioning of communication systems.
- Performs system and subsystem engineering analysis and captures system and external interface requirements.
- Performs preliminary and complete system architecture development, conducts market and business studies, and designs subsystems for various military platform communication systems.
- Carries out the development of software design documentation.
- Generates code and/or hardware configurations, as appropriate, during the development and commissioning of the communication system.
- Performs integration, test/evaluation and installation engineering for electronic equipment/systems and subsystems both at MIL and at the customer site.
- Performs development of documentation for test and evaluation blueprints and information assurance approval documentation.
- Performs sustainment planning, field validation and verification testing, production engineering planning, risk assessment and technical resolution.
- Assists cybersecurity engineering efforts during start-up, build, build, and transition phases.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience developing user interfaces and full application software.
- Demonstrated ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of databases such as MS-SQL, MySQL and Oracle.
- Proficiency in Visual Studio, Git and database managers.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or your willingness to get vaccinated
- Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Experience in generalized programming languages.
Up to 20% of the time.
Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited college or university, in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, network engineering, information systems, cybersecurity, management information systems technology, or other closely related discipline. Six (6) years of job-related work experience, or an associate’s degree plus four (4) years of additional job-related work experience, may replace a bachelor’s degree.
All candidates for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret permission; please note that the customs clearance process takes financial aspects into account.
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cybersecurity, engineering, financial management and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you’re fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
At MIL, we pride ourselves on the family environment instilled within our team. Our employees love working here and it really shows through our various recognitions and awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA Award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Best Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 and 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting and Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Workplace for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy advanced technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Be part of something bigger, where you, the people, make a difference.
MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation. , national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. by the law.