Software Engineering 2nd Edition (Routledge)
This book provides a comprehensive yet concise introduction to software engineering, covering concepts, principles, design, construction, implementation, and management issues. He takes a methodical approach to solving software engineering problems, which, according to authors Elvis C. Foster and Bradford A. Towle, Jr., has proven successful over many years of teaching, with outstanding results.
The second edition includes chapters on software engineering projects, management support systems, software engineering frameworks and models as an important building block for the design and construction of contemporary software systems and the emerging frontiers of the software engineering.
Author: Elvis C. Foster and Bradford A. Towle, Jr.
Date: July 2021
Level: Introductory / Intermediate
- Commonly used project management aids in software engineering
- An overview of the software design phase, including a discussion of the software design process, design strategies, architectural design, interface design, database design, and design and development standards
- User interface design
- Design of operations
- Design considerations including system catalog, product documentation, user message handling, design for real-time software, design for reuse, system security, and the agile effect
- Human resource management from a software engineering perspective
- Software economics
- Software implementation issues ranging from operating environments to software marketing
- Software maintenance, legacy systems and reengineering
For more Book Watch, just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer’s list of new books and is compiled using advertising material from publishers. It should not be read as a review where we provide independent assessment. Some, but not all, of the Book Watch books are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact [email protected]
To follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to the I Programmer’s Books RSS feed for each new daily addition to Book Watch and for critical news.