Senior Officer/Professional (Firmware/Software Engineering) Employment with SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses a centralized pool of academic staff under the Professional Officers Program. Professional Officers possess specialized and in-depth technical skills acquired through extensive industry experience. They form the talent pool that brings much-needed industrial perspective to student learning. They facilitate applied learning and applied research in SIT, complementing faculty academic expertise to integrate industry practices and applications into the curriculum. Professional agents leverage their experiences in the industry to create authentic learning environments, where discovery and innovation take place. They act as coaches and mentors to students during hands-on learning activities such as lab sessions, Capstone projects, and the Integrated Work-Study Program (IWSP). Professional officers might also lead or work with faculty on industry innovation projects to provide industry solutions. In addition to their role in applied learning and applied research, Professional Officers manage SIT’s centralized laboratory facilities and resources. Along with Technical Officers, Lab Security Professionals, and POD Administrators, they jointly develop core policies and processes for the safe and seamless operation of SIT’s labs.
Department: professional officers
Type of Contract : Contract
- A degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline. Possessing Masters, PhD and relevant certifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in embedded software and/or firmware applications in an engineering environment.
- Knowledge of Vue, High chart or MQTT software will be an asset.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C#, C/C++, Python and Java
- Hands-on experience in the design and implementation of embedded systems (IoT, sensors, single board computers, microcontroller)
- Knowledge related to Machine Learning or AI will be advantageous.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure the project can achieve milestones within the stipulated timeline
- Extensive experience and knowledge of industry practices to bring industry perspective to SIT.
- Keen interest in innovation projects, with a demonstrated ability to develop solutions to technical problems.
- Strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Demonstrate competence in keeping abreast of developments in the field and completing professional certification programs. Possessing industry certifications in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
- Passionate about training, coaching and mentoring students/junior practitioners.
- Enjoy both analytical and hands-on problem-solving work.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with people inside and outside the university.
- Flexibility to work with multiple functions/teams within a team in a dynamic environment.
- Autonomous learner who believes in continuous learning and development
- Proficiency in technical writing and presentation
- Possess good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates initiative and takes ownership of the work undertaken