Professorship in Software Engineering with PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
The College of Computing and Information Sciences at Prince Sultan University aims to provide world-class education in computer science, information systems and engineering for undergraduate and graduate programs. The College offers bachelor’s degree programs in computer science, bachelor’s degree in information systems, bachelor’s degree in software engineering, master’s degree in software engineering, and master’s degree in cybersecurity. The Bachelor of Computer Science program and Information Systems programs are ABET accredited, the Software Engineering program is expected to achieve ABET accreditation status in 2022.
The Department of Software Engineering at Prince Sultan University is seeking candidates with the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor for the upcoming academic year 2022/2023, which begins in September 2022. Qualified candidates with appropriate experience in the academic and industrial who can contribute in the following areas:
- Software requirements engineering
- Design & Architecture
- Quality assurance
- Testing, Construction
- Project management
The position requires a PhD in software engineering or equivalent. A suitable candidate would demonstrate:
- Quality teaching and learning approaches.
- Experience or potential in obtaining external funding and producing high quality, independent and collaborative research.
- Experience or proof of publication potential in major peer-reviewed international journals (ISI and Scopus Q1, Q2).
- Experience in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research students.
- The ability to develop new areas of study when needed.
The starting level will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, experience and knowledge.
Successful applicants will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, conduct research, supervise student work, and engage in scholarship and administrative work toward the college and community.
For more details on the Software Engineering Undergraduate Program, please visit the website: https://www.psu.edu.sa/CCIS/se
For more details on the Graduate Program in Software Engineering, please visit the website: https://www.psu.edu.sa/CCIS/ms-se
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is constantly expanding and its campus is located in new, well-equipped premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as listed below. -above ;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for employee and dependents residing in the Kingdom (spouse and 4 children under 24);
- Transportation allowance;
- Return tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children under 18) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) leave of two (2) months, plus 2 paid local holidays of approximately 15 days each (if applicable);
- School fees of up to 30,000 Saudi Riyals for children attending school in the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will receive a housing allowance based on their academic rank.
- Annual end-of-service award, which begins on the 2nd year of continuous service (if the candidate has completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to receive ACCREDITATION from the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA). Moreover, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is Saudi Arabia’s premier private university and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research, and community service. PSU offers a Foundation Year program in which students develop their skills in English, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physical Education/Health and Recreation to the standards required to study in the following undergraduate English courses:
- IT and information systems
- Finance, Marketing and Accounting
- Aviation management
- Architecture and interior design
- English, translation and applied linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cybersecurity (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
In line with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO REGISTER
Applicants should submit a detailed CV with a cover letter providing a detailed research statement and a teaching statement.
Email: [email protected]
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU application form, along with a cover letter in the space below.