Presentation of the Atari Video Computer System (VCS)
The Atari VCS video game computer system will be a small factor, complete personal computer that can be combined with video games and streaming applications.
The system is designed for use in the living room and will support modern and rugged independent and retro video games. You will be able to access Google Workspace, Gmail, Calendar, Slides, Sheets, Docs, and Drive from the dashboard. You can control them with the Atari VCS Companion app or a traditional mouse and keyboard.
You can expect to play some of the newest and most exciting indie game options from the Atari Store, classic favorites libraries through Atari Vault, retro games, and Antstream Arcade. Plus, you can access the most popular streaming services for cloud TV, movies, music, and games.
“The invigorated Atari VCS trunk, with its 100 classic games, will provide hundreds of hours of free play to families who buy an Atari VCS, âsaid Michael Arzt, COO of Atari VCS and Connected Devices. “Thanks to the excellent work of Code Mystics to update and optimize this collection for use with Atari’s all-new Classic Wireless Joystick, both seasoned and new Atari fans can enjoy these all-time classics from new, fun ways. “
The retro-inspired joystick includes new features such as a rotating central joystick for paddling and steering games, rumble and LED lighting effects and convenient USB connectivity.
âThe Atari VCS team is delighted to provide our users with all of the leading cloud gaming services in one place,â said Michael Arzt, Atari COO of Atari VCS and Connected Devices. âA lot of fans are accessing these services on their own and have been asking for direct links for some time now. We are actively striving to meet their various demands and will continue to add more exciting new features as we continue to advance the VCS platform. “
Atari VCS System Specifications:
- Operating System: Atari Custom Linux OS (Linux Kernel)
- APU: AMD Raven Ridge 2
- GPU: AMD Ryzen
- Storage: 32 GB eMMC fixed internal; internal M.2 SSD slot; unlimited external USB stick; cloud (subscription required)
- RAM *: 8 GB DDR4 RAM (upgradeable)
- Compatible systems: Linux, Windows, Steam OS, Chrome OS
- Wireless connections: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n 2.4 / 5 GHz, Bluetooth 4.0
- Wired connections: HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, 4x USB 3.1
- USB ports: 2x front, 2x rear
- External inputs: classic joystick, modern controller, microphone, others to be determined
- Mouse and Keyboard Support: Yes, USB or Bluetooth
- 4K video with HDCP 2.2 integration
- Dimensions: 11.6 “x 5.9” x 1.9 “(approx)
- Weight: 3 lbs. (About.)
- Materials: Plastic, Metal
About Atari VCS
Atari is an interactive entertainment company and an iconic brand in the gaming industry that transcends generations and audiences. The company is globally recognized for its multi-platform interactive and licensed entertainment products. Atari owns and / or manages a portfolio of over 200 unique games and franchises, including world famous brands like Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command, Pong and RollerCoaster Tycoon.
For purchase in Australia: https://bluemouthdirect.com/pages/atarivcs