Lecturer, Software Engineering job with RMIT VIETNAM
RMIT VIETNAM UNIVERSITY
RMIT Vietnam University, an entity of RMIT University, has had campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide high-quality, internationally recognized professional education and training to students, clients and community, and help build human resource capacity in Vietnam and the region by welcoming students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Science, Engineering and Technology is associated with STEM College, RMIT University Melbourne, offering the College’s awards programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught at the Vietnam campus include Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics and Mechatronics), Bachelor of in Applied Science (Aviation), Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) and Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
When you join our team of engineers as a Senior Lecturer in Software Engineering, you will bring your specialist knowledge, training and experience to add significant value and impact to activities related to teaching, research and the commitment of the industry involved in this role. As an academic staff member, you can expect to team up in undergraduate and postgraduate programs while developing your own academic, research and professional abilities. You will actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with the academic, industrial and professional communities (local and international).
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide the way we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and communicate with each other. Our people make everything possible at the University. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to generate positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, preparing them for life and work. You will be part of a productive and collaborative team, which values working relationships and results through open and inclusive planning, continuous sharing of information and transparent work practices.
- PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral degree.
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in a university setting.
- Proven teaching, curriculum development, and research record skills in at least three of the following areas:
- Data structures and algorithms
- Database systems
- Mobile development (iOS and Android)
- Game development
- big data
- machine learning
- deep learning
- Recognized research profile, including a substantial record of research results in high quality journals.
- Strong team spirit with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- Culture-savvy and nimble.
- Very competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive salary package in USD (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates based on its proven track record in meeting all key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Resettlement allowance of 6,000 to 10,000 USD per staff; School support up to 15,000 USD per child per year, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check; Work permits for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check-up.
- 20 days of annual leave plus 5 days of paid leave at Christmas closing, plus public holidays and 10 days of paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from an experienced mobility advisor to assist with work permit and visa application as well as relocation and settling in to live and work in Vietnam.
As an expat candidate, you will need a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit, you will need a PhD and you must be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching in relevant subjects in a higher education environment.
English is the language of instruction and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and no band lower than 6.5 (or equivalent).
HOW TO REGISTER
Please submit your CV, a cover letter and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply‘ link below.
Thursday 27, 2022 11:59 p.m.
RMIT Vietnam University (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam creates an innovative culture of research, teaching and learning. We are committed to providing internationally recognized, high-quality professional education and training to our students, clients, and community members. As an internationally renowned Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam helps develop human resource capacity in Vietnam and the region.