Director of Software Engineering (web3 / blockchain)
Founded in November 2021 in Miami, CryptoLeague is an early-stage Web3 crypto/NFT company (at the intersection of NFTs, blockchain gaming, and crypto investing). We are a venture capital backed web3 company with top investors including Great Oaks VC, Gaingels, Magic Fund, Sidedoor Ventures, Darling Ventures, Boutique Capital and Florida Funders.
CryptoLeague’s mission is to democratize access to investing by creating a new category. CryptoLeague co-founders are Rodolfo Saccoman, Jeff Nuckols, and Gleb Chuvpilo. The founding team has previously founded and left companies such as Authy, Ride, AdMobilize and Pager, to name a few.
At CryptoLeague, we believe that talent has no boundaries or ceilings. We’re building a company that promises to unleash the wisdom of the crowds by accelerating financial freedom globally. We have a “one for all” and “all for one” DNA. The strength of CryptoLeague is manifested in bringing together the most talented, diverse, passionate, kind-hearted, and “healthy and ambitious” team members to join our exciting journey. Our HQ is in Wynwood, Miami; possibly one of the next “NFT Capitals of the World”. Apply to learn more about joining CryptoLeague. Our journey has only just begun and we are thrilled to find some amazing human beings among our first 15 team members.
Summary of the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager who will build, develop and lead a team of world-class software engineers to deliver the disruptive vision of CryptoLeague. Your mission will be to plan, implement and oversee software engineering strategies, procedures and objectives for CryptoLeague. You will be responsible for building, mentoring and managing a world-class software engineering team to meet the demands of exponential growth. You will also work with product management, playing an active role in planning the product roadmap and developing quarterly implementation plans. In this role, you will bring deep crypto domain expertise, leadership skills, technical expertise and proven people development skills to influence strategic decisions around our technical ecosystem, product roadmap and our engineering culture. You will ensure that design requirements are met and that the user experience delights our customers, as well as overseeing quality assurance functions for these teams. If you like the challenge of a fast start environment, this role could be for you. This is a rare opportunity to mentor the leadership of a disruptive crypto company pushing the boundaries of blockchain-enabled business models, with a potentially significant stake for the right person. Join us to help democratize the future of crypto investing while making it fun!
- If you’re obsessed with DAOs, this is the adventure for you.
- If you are a gamer, this is the adventure for you.
- If you are an NFT collector/trader, this adventure is for you.
- If you are a cryptocurrency investor, this adventure is for you.
What will you do
- Define and maintain the technical definition of CryptoLeague software and blockchain stack, including front-end, back-end, smart contracts and blockchain protocol layers. Identify the optimal technologies for the implementation of each component and the connections between the components.
- Partner with product and design leaders to ensure we balance product aspirations with engineering realities, following helpful technical specifications and maintaining appropriate user stories. Build on, deliver and maintain technology aligned with the company’s vision and the needs of our customers.
- Enable and direct strategic software engineering decisions, guiding decisions from a deep understanding of the cryptographic technology infrastructure.
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering: Back-end, Front-end, Smart Contracts, DevOps, DApps, mobile, etc.
- Build and lead an incredible team of Web3 software engineers, contributing to engineering efforts while demonstrating full ownership of projects, cycles, and programs. Provide the engineering team with the processes, management, mentorship, and tools needed to design and develop critical engineering solutions.
- Foster a team environment that promotes creative thinking, practical problem solving, effective teamwork, and collaboration.
- Stay up to date on development within the crypto industry and maintain an in-depth understanding of existing and upcoming blockchain protocols and crypto assets, particularly around emerging ecosystem trends and products. Become a domain expert on blockchain and crypto-asset protocols.
- Bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders – explaining technical concepts to non-technical people and translating business and strategic plans to technical people – to ensure everyone is aligned on the value we create for our users.
- Develop and implement a governance process and metrics for oversight of existing and new blockchain solutions.
- Be a strong advocate for clean, scalable coding principles and high-performance, secure, and reliable software services.
- Ensure the team implements and adheres to security best practices.
- Build enterprise technical expertise around performance, scalability, and maintainable infrastructure. Be a strong advocate for clean, scalable coding principles and high-performance, secure, and reliable software services.
- Ensure our practices (e.g. CI/CD, code reviews, QA technology, etc.) are ready to scale and constantly evaluate the technology stack based on our changing business needs.
- Analyze and organize complex information from diverse data sources to effectively communicate actionable insights and recommendations to the blockchain analytics team, executives, product management, and engineering management.
- Occasional travel required (10% to 20%).
Ideal skill set and education
- Over 10 years of total software engineering experience and a track record of high quality execution.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience designing, developing, testing and operational support of Java, J2EE, JMS, Rest or SOAP, SQL or NoSQL, JSON, XML applications.
- Successful track record in building, leading and scaling engineering teams.
- Knowledge of how to write and deploy code on EVM-enabled networks.
- You have a strong product sense and have delivered user-facing products through rapid iteration when requirements are uncertain or changing.
- You have extensive experience working alongside Product Managers in an agile manner to ensure reliable planning, estimating and prioritization of new product features, in addition to actively managing a backlog and customer reported issues . You know how to empower the engineering team to achieve its goals in a cross-functional and timely sprint process.
- Experience in organizing agile software teams to deliver high quality software.
You have integrated into the blockchain and crypto ecosystems and are a thought leader in the evolution of consumer-facing crypto products.
- You have a working knowledge of modern cryptographic primitives (asymmetric encryption, secure hashing) and know best practices for key management and deployment.
- You are used to delivering complex technical systems that are easy for others to maintain and use, with thoughtful structure and naming, standard design patterns, and accessible documentation.
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges. You are comfortable trying new tools, failing quickly, and navigating unknowns.
- You are an enthusiastic practitioner of lean and agile project management.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science or Engineering preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high EQ.
- You thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment and are able to handle chaos and reprioritize work when necessary.
You will work from our awesome HQ in Wynwood, Miami. We are not considering remote applicants at this time.
Competitive salary, depending on experience.
Generous allocation of equity and tokens.